Your valuable items will often be travelling thousands of kilometres and handled many times before final delivery. The way in which you package these goods is critical to how they will appear at the final destination. Key things to watch are:
- Palletised goods should ideally be shrink-wrapped to the pallet to avoid them moving while in transit.
- Cartons should be strong enough to take the weight inside, and no more than 25kg each unless on a pallet.
- Any products containing glass should be bubble-wrapped, crated or similar and marked “Fragile – Contains Glass”.
- Engines, Gear Boxes etc should be crated with fuel drained prior to shipping.
- Long freight that is fragile and subject to damage if bent should be reinforced with timber to minimise flex.
- Ensure that incompatible Dangerous Goods are not mixed together on a pallet.
Correct labelling reduces the risk of misdirection and ensures the smooth movement of your consignment through the network.
Our web based consigning system will produce consignment notes and labels for each item you consign.
If we have integrated with your own system, then the following should be used as a minimum.
- Clearly show the sender and receiver details.
- Each item of the consignment should have an individual label, noting all details, including the item number.
- Dangerous Goods need to be declared, and the appropriate labels attached to each item.
- Note any special instructions.
- Ensure there are contact details for the receiver.
All consignments are tracked through our system. By going to the “Consignment Tracking” link on this site and entering the consignment note number, the most recent tracking event will be displayed.
Should you need any further assistance, contact our customer service team on 1300 VELLEX.